Red Wine Pombares “Lía” Mencía 2013
78,00 € – 130,00 € (VAT included)
13,00€ for bottle
- Composition: Mencía (88%), Garnacha (9%) y Tempranillo (3%).
- Alcohol: 13% vol.
- Serving temperature: 16º.
- Aging: 9 months in French oak “Allier”.
Save 16,67% off in boxes of 12 bottles.
Signature wine made primarily from grapes of the variety Mencia ‘produced in our own vineyards, harvested by hand carefully in small containers and subjected to a process of controlled breeding fermentation in stainless steel (18 months) and French oak barrels Allier (9 months) to extract all the aromatic properties of the fruit.
Bright red cherry, with purple, fruity and aromático.’Aterciopelado, balanced and intense tannins trim, well structured and round in the mouth. Long and persistent aftertaste.
This is the red grape variety of northwestern Spain, especially in the O.D. Ribeira Sacra, Valdeorras and Bierzo.
It produces wines of exceptional quality, with an unmistakable bouquet and velvety texture. They are soft in the mouth, causing a pleasant sensation, its acidity is balanced, are potent in alcohol. They are tasty and slightly astringent, with an elegant and fruitful aftertaste with hints of raspberry or blackberry and a prolonged persistence.
The Mencia grape, maintains a relationship of similarity with other varieties such as Tempranillo or Cabernet Franc.
- Harvest 2013
- Designation of Origin Ribeira Sacra
- Type Red wine
- Grapes Mencía (88%), Garnacha Tinta (9%), Tempranillo(3%)
- Production 4.000 numbered bottles
- Unpressed determmed grape production to extract all the aromatic properties of the fruit.
- Traditional controlled fermentation.
- Aging in stainless steel barrels (18 months) and French Allier oak barrels (12 months), rounded in bottle for 6 months more.
- Bottling (L319) Mar-19
- Alcohol content: 13%
- Service temperature. 16º C
- Prefered consumption 4 years after bottling
- Bright cherry red color with purple rim, very fruity and aromatic.
- Notes of coffe and toast, with hints of liquor that blend well with the wood.
- Well structured and round on the palate.
- Soft entry with pleasant and melted tannings
- Long finish with a good presence of fruit.
- Wine pairing Ideal with meat, fish and seafood.
- EAN Code: 8 437003 637025